Our Breakdown services provided by RAC will help get you and your vehicle on the move again, should you break down. We offer four options with different levels of cover.
- Roadside assistance – If you break down over a mile away from your home, our experts will try to get you back on the road then and there, or take you to a nearby repairer of your choice.
- Roadside & Homecall assistance – Roadside assistance (see 1. above) with the added bonus of covering you at home if your car won't start.
- Roadside, Recovery & European assistance – Roadside assistance (see 1. above) with Recovery means we'll take your car to the repairer of your choice, your home or even your destination, and European assistance (for cover throughout most of Europe).
- Roadside, Recovery, Homecall & European assistance – All of the above, covering you all the way from your home through to most of Europe.
Further details on the four Breakdown cover options can be found below:
1. Roadside Assistance
Ideal if you just intend to drive locally. Provided you're more than 1 mile away from home we'll give you up to one hour's assistance at the roadside to help with problems such as:
- a flat tyre
- a flat battery
- loss or damage to keys
- run out of fuel
In addition, we'll provide recovery of your car, driver and all passengers to the nearest garage.
2. Roadside Assistance and Homecall
This gives you protection both on the road and right outside your house and includes all the benefits of Roadside plus assistance if you break down at home or within 1 mile of your home address.
3. Roadside Assistance, Recovery and European Assistance
All the benefits of Roadside Assistance plus we'll take your car to your home, to a garage or to your destination. In addition:
- You can choose to continue your journey by hire car.
- If your car needs to be garaged overnight emergency accommodation will be provided for you and your passengers.
- These benefits also apply to most European Countries.
4. Roadside assistance, Recovery, Homecall and European assistance
Our optimum level of cover offers worry-free protection wherever you are driving and includes all the benefits of the covers above.
Emergency accommodation in UK: £50 per person up to £250 for all people in your car.
European emergency accommodation: £100 per person up to £500 for all people in your car.
European self-drive hire: £650
European tent hire: £650
For full details of these cover options including all conditions and exclusions, please refer to Policy Booklet (Section 10).